Redeeming points for a reward by letting a staff member (merchant) enter a code is suitable for offline businesses where the customer can hand over a mobile device to have the merchant enter a (secret) code.
How does it work
Staff member generates code
- The staff member logs in to the staff area. On the demo you can also log in with the credentials [email protected] / welcome123.
- Navigate to "Points" and click the the "Merchant Enter Code" button.
- A modal opens where a expiration period can be selected, then click "Generate". A generated code will show which the staff member can enter on a customer's device. This code can be used multiple times, for multiple customers.
Staff member enters code on customer's device
- The customer creates an account. This can be done by clicking on the "My Points" menu item and then the "Or create a new account" button. On the demo you can also log in with the credentials [email protected] / welcome123.
- The customer clicks the "Redeem Points" menu item and then the "Redeem" button to select the "Merchant Enter Code" option. A modal opens where the staff member can enter the secret code.